Teeth Whitening at our Reading whitening suite
If you choose the in practice method, you can put your feet up, watch Netflix or relax to your choice of music.
How much does teeth whitening cost?
Power stain Removalin practice
- Best way to remove surface stains
- Can be combined with whitening
- Ideal for smokers
- Control the shade at home
- Custom mould
- Results in 7-10 days
Zoom! 2 laserin practice
- UK’s most popular whitening
- In practice whitening
- Uses laser to activate whitening gel
Enlightenlaser and home
- The only system to guarantee shade B1
- 2 weeks at home whitening
- Sealed with laser whitening session
Frequently asked questions teeth whitening
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT OPTIONS FOR WHITENING?
1) LASER: This is carried out in our whitening suite and involves applying a whitening gel to the teeth and exposing them to a UV laser light for short periods of time. The dentist will show you the instant results against a shade chart before and after your treatment.
2) HOME WHITENING: This involves the dentist taking moulds of your teeth using dental putty to create trays similar to gum shields. At home, depending on the type of treatment and desired outcome you wear these overnight or for 1-2 hours a day for the specified treatment duration.
3) AIRFLOW/ DIAMOND POLISH: This is great especially on heavily stained teeth. It is a combination of air, sodium bicarbonate and a jet of water used to gently polish away built up stains and plaque for immediate results in a single session.
If you have white spots on your teeth, then our Icon White Spot Removal Treatment would be the best solution, as teeth whitening options do not change the colour of white spots. Read more here
HOW DOES WHITENING WORK?
THE LASER: The laser light activates the hydrogen peroxide and helps it penetrate the surface of the tooth. A study has shown the UV lamp increases the effectiveness of the gel by 26% or more, giving an average improvement of 8 shades.
HOW LONG DOES WHITENING LAST?
To help with this, home treatment should include enough product to allow for occasional top ups which will really help in maintaining that brilliant smile.
HOW MUCH WHITER WILL MY TEETH LOOK?
Your dentist at Reading Smiles will be able to advise you on the likely results following a consultation.
ARE THERE SIDE EFFECTS?
AM I SUITABLE FOR TEETH WHITENING
It is important that if you have existing dental work it’s important we show you which parts will lighten with whitening. Porcelain crowns and white fillings respond well to whitening, however metal fillings and non-porcelain crowns will not lighten.